The Thanksgiving holiday will affect transit systems serving Rockland.
Here’s what riders should expect this week, according to the county’s Department of Public Transportation. For help planning your trip, call the Transit Information Center at 845-364-3333, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday, Nov. 23).
* Extra Tappan ZEExpress buses will operate from Tarrytown train station according to normal afternoon schedules in anticipation of early getaway passengers from Metro-North trains. Schedules: http://www.rocklandbus.com.
- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will provide early getaway service. Schedules: http://www.mta.info.
- Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) will offer earlier Rockland-bound express buses from Port Authority bus terminal. Express route 45 will begin service at 1:30 p.m., the 47 at 2:15 p.m. and the 49 at 2 p.m. Schedules: http://www.coachusa.com or call 201-263-1254.
- Coach USA Express buses from the Exit 14 Park and Ride in Nanuet lot will operate a modified schedule in the morning and in the afternoon. Early getaway afternoon buses from Manhattan will be added at 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. from 56th St. and Fifth Avenue and at 2:30 p.m. from Wall Street. Schedules: Call 800 631-8405 or go to http://www.shortlinebus.com.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will operate an early rush hour connection from the Hudson Line train departing Grand Central Terminal for Ossining at 2:54 p.m.
- TOR buses will operate Sunday schedules, with no service on the 94, 95 and 97 routes and the 91 service to New City, Yeager Health Center in Ramapo or Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw.
- Tappan ZEExpress, Coach USA Express from Exit 14, Clarkstown Mini-Trans, Spring Valley Jitney and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
- Coach USA‘s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan) buses and Coach USA’s Shortline buses will operate Sunday schedules.
- Monsey Trails buses will operate reduced schedules. Schedules: Call 845-510-5100 or go to http://www.monseybus.com
- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will operate a Sunday schedule, plus special morning service to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- New Jersey Transit is running trains on the Pascack Valley and the Main/Bergen/Port Jervis lines on slightly modified schedules. Riders should check for the most current service and schedule information before traveling, by calling 973-275-5555 or visiting http://www.njtransit.com.
* TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
* Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan) buses will operate modified Saturday service on local routes and fewer trips than normal on express routes. Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan) express route 49 buses will not pick up on Route 59 at the Nanuet Mall or at Exit 14 Park and Ride lot in Nanuet. Passengers for those routes can meet combined 49 and 47 service at the Smith Street Park & Ride lot or the South Middletown Road Park & Ride lots, both in Nanuet. Express route 45 will operate from Mt. Ivy at 5:15 a.m., then again approximately every 30 minutes until 9 a.m. Schedules: http://www.coachusa.com or call 201-263-1254
- Coach USA Express bus service from the Exit 14 Park & Ride lot will operate modified service in the morning and evening. Schedules: Call 800-631-8405 or go to http://www.shortlinebus.com.
- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will operate normal weekday service, plus additional trains for holiday travelers. Off-peak fares will be in effect through the four-day weekend schedule. Schedules: Call 212-532-4900 or go to http://www.mta.info.
*New Jersey Transit is running trains on the Pascack Valley and the Main/Bergen/Port Jervis lines on slightly modified schedules. Riders should check for the most current service and schedule information before traveling, by calling 973-275-5555 or visiting http://www.njtransit.com.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will operate a special schedule to coordinate with a modified Metro-North Hudson Line train schedule. Schedules: Call 212-532-4900 or go to http://www.mta.info
File photos from The Journal News/LoHud.com